Adjunct Faculty, English, Austin Community College, a nationally recognized two-year college serving Central Texas. Teach hybrid and “live” at ACC’s Highland Campus, a repurposed shopping mall now a state-of-the-art facility for innovative teaching and learning.
- Except for the required textbook, created all course content — assignments, assessments and rubrics — for more than 25 hybrid sections of English 2311 “Technical and Business Writing,” which I began teaching summer 2015
- Completed courses in using Blackboard content management system, Distance Learning seres and application of Quality Matters criterial in online course design
- Teach English 2311 as a workplace writing for the 21st century as a rhetoric and composition/writing in the disciplines course
- Teach English 2311 as a “flipped classroom,” emphasis is on project-based assignments and collaborative work — few lectures
- Provide digital literacy foundations for empowering student thinking/writing in the real world
Adjunct Faculty, English and Liberal Education, Park University. Have taught all formats — face to face, online only, and blended — since 2014 for Park University, a non-profit private liberal college that specializes in offering courses for nontraditional adult students including veterans.
- Course designer for “Terrorism and the Media,” an interdisciplinary liberal arts capstone course that debuted Spring 2019
- Peer Review of Teachers Fellow, English and Liberal Education faculty, academic year 2018-2019
- Peer mentor to new English and Liberal Education faculty academic year 2017-2018
- Completed course in Canvas content management system at Park University — Summer 2015
- Completed course in best practices teaching online at Park University — October 2014
- Taught more than 20 courses including — “First Year Writing Seminar I: Critical Reading, Writing, and Thinking Across Contexts,” “First Year Writing Seminar II: Academic Research and Writing,” “Professional Writing in the Disciplines: Business Communication,” “Scientific and Technical Writing,” “Business Communications,” “Advanced Expository Research and Writing” and “Integrative and Interdisciplinary Learning Capstone: Terrorism and the Media